Home / International / Wahlberg donates reshoot fee to Time’s Up

Wahlberg donates reshoot fee to Time’s Up

news image

Mark Wahlberg (L) and Michelle Williams at the premiere of "All The Money In The World" on December 18, 2017 in Beverly Hills, California.Image copyright
Getty Images

Image caption

Mark Wahlberg was paid $1.5m to do a reshoot of All The Money in the World, but his co-star was paid $80 a day

The actor, Mark Wahlberg, has donated $1.5m to the Time’s Up legal defence fund.

The move comes after it emerged that Wahlberg was paid $1.5m to reshoot scenes for the film All The Money in the World.

His co-star Michelle Williams was paid $80 a day for the extra work.

Scenes had to be reshot after Kevin Spacey was removed from the completed film following the allegations of predatory sexual behaviour against him.

The Time’s Up legal defence fund will offer support to people who have experienced sexual harassment, abuse or assault in the workplace.

The Time’s Up campaign is a movement against sexual harassment that was founded at the start of January as a response to recent sexual harassment allegations in the media, film, and broadcasting.

The issue of sexual harassment and abuse has risen in prominence after allegations were made in 2017 against figures such as the film director Harvey Weinstein and actor Kevin Spacey.

In December 2017, the prominent Time magazine named the “Silence Breakers” as its “Person of the Year”.

The “Silence Breakers” were women and men who spoke out against sexual abuse and harassment.

In 2017, the #MeToo hashtag led to women and men from all walks of life opening up on social media about their experiences of these issues.

At the Golden Globes awards ceremony last week, stars such as Oprah Winfrey spoke candidly about the discrimination that women face.

The issue of the equal pay and a “gender pay gap” has become a prominent issue across many sectors in recent months.

Last week, the BBC’s China Editor, Carrie Gracie, resigned from her post saying she felt that she wasn’t being paid the same amount as similarly prominent correspondents who are male.

The BBC said in a statement that there was “no systemic discrimination against women” at the corporation.

Read More

About admin

Check Also

India confirms 39 workers killed by IS

Image copyright Getty Images Image caption The workers were kidnapped in 2014 India has confirmed the deaths of 39 construction workers kidnapped by Islamic State militants (IS) in Iraq. Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj said the DNA of 38 workers matched with bodies found in a mass grave. Since the kidnapping in Mosul in 2014, the…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *